Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Prize winner # 2 - Tricot Rainbow Blanket

I decided to continue with my prize winning crochet today. Eventually, I will get on to current projects.





This is the first of 2 tricot blankets I entered into the Royal Canberra Show and the second of 3 prize winners I had in my first year of showing.

It's based on a knitted magic square pattern that my wife found, although the knitted version has all the diagonal creases going in the same direction. This was my first attempt at this style and I couldn't figure out how to get it to match the knitted version. The border on this one is standard treble crochet (US double crochet).

1 comment:

  1. That's an interesting blanket. I've never taken to tricot but the mitred square is my favourite way of knitting a blanket - mostly because I'm too lazy to sew squares together. In the end I think it's neater too.

    ReplyDelete