Saturday, October 23, 2010

The week that was

This week has been busy with unpacking (it seems to be an ongoing thing with us), sorting out the yarn cupboard, sorting out the craft stall and crocheting.

Sue (my wife) and I finally got to band practice on Thursday night only to find that everyone else, except the deputy bandmaster, failed to show up so practice was canceled.

Yesterday, we went and bought a gazebo on the basis that we need some shade for our craft stall, then yesterday afternoon we packed all the stock, tables, chairs and the newly acquired gazebo into the car and headed out to Thurgoona to see if we could sell anything. Thurgoona is about 10 minutes north of where we live, so it wasn't a huge trip. One of the Christian colleges was having a fair and included an area for people to set up stalls.

The afternoon was successful on one level, we sold $44 worth and only had to pay $10 for the privilege, however, it's a long way short of the $189 it cost for the gazebo.

I also managed to complete a couple of items that I had with me and they were added to the stock. Photos of the Baby's coat and the scarf will follow at some time in the future.

When I was sorting out the stock for the sale I managed to take photos of everything, unfortunately it was with the camera in my phone and the pictures aren't the best quality, but I'm still going to show them in future blogs. Some day we may find our digital camera and take some decent shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment