Saturday, January 8, 2011

The week that was 08-01-11

Not a particularly busy week this week as it's been a bit too hot to do anything, especially at home.

I did get back into the gym (three times this week) and Sue managed to get into the pool a couple of times, so we are getting our exercise. Sometimes I think the temperature at the gym is better than at home, but all that exercise is just too much like hard work.

We went for a little drive yesterday to explore a bit more of the area. I had read about a market in Myrtleford and wanted to check it out. While the market was quite large I don't think we will be setting up a stall there as it only happens once a year, is quite expensive ($70 per stall) and is more than an hour from home (the self imposed limit for our travels to markets).

On the way home we stopped at Beechworth to stock up on lollies. Yes, I know lollies aren't good for you, especially if you're trying to lose weight and get fit, but it's a weakness both Sue and I share.

There hasn't been much progress on the crochet front, although I did manage to finish the matinee jacket that Sue started, it only needed a bit of stitching up and a picot edge. I have started making one of the baby's sunhats but it's slow going in this heat. My hands just get too sticky so quickly that it gets hard to work.

That's it from me for this week. Hope you all had a good week.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment