Saturday, April 16, 2011

The week that was 16/04/2011

This week saw us take a trip the Darlington Point (on the Murrumbidgee, just south of Griffith in NSW) to visit the grave site of Sue's parents and younger brother. Sue's elder brother and his wife met us there. We don't get up there very often, the last time being 11 years ago.

We're still looking for more suitable accommodation with Sue's knees getting worse all the time but so far we have been rejected for all the places we've applied for. We had a look at a couple of places this week but neither were suitable due to steep steps and/or high hobs in the shower (one of Sue's difficulties is getting stepping over the shower hob).

I've made good progress with my crochet this week with the Baby Shawl finished today and the Crest Rug almost finished (just need to sew in the ends and block it).

Markets today were at Thurgoona Anglican Church and we had a good day (can't remember the exact amount but it was over $50). This, of course, means that I need to adjust my to-do list to accommodate the things that we sold.

The to-do list now looks something like this:-

Small bunny to replace one sold 3 weeks ago - already started
Wine glass socks to replace set sold today
Fan bookmark to replace one sold today
Hand towels (only have have brown and cream ones left so need to add a bit of colour to that section of the stall.)
More tunisian crochet dishcloths (one of my readers asked to see a tutorial on these but I think it's already been done)
Finish Crest Rug (I've got until October but I would like to get it over and done with)
Tartan rug (about 10% complete)
Sampler scarf (about 25%)
Baby's Jacket (about 90%)
Baby's Bonnet (to go with jacket)
Tunisian Crochet Toddlers Cardigan (Ellen Gormley's pattern - just started)
Knitted Beanie (Red Heart Pattern - just started)
Crochetknit (I think that's what they call it when you use the double-ended hooks) rug (just started)
Tunisian crochet rug (I have the yarn set aside for this and it will replace the crest rug in my craft market bag)
Knitted scarf (Red Heart pattern - to go with beanie)
Crochet Hoodie (Can't afford the wool right now any way)

There's plenty more to be made and lot's of yarn in my stash to make it with. Once I have some of these finished I'll have a look at what's next.

Richard.

2 comments:

  1. I am amazed at the crochet and knitting you do :))
    String bags are a good seller at the markets also I make them in cotton .. if you go to my other blog hooks and books you will see a pic of them there :))
    have a great week. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4ply cotton\par
    3mm or 3.5mm hook

    5ch join into circle
    12 sc in circle
    2 dc in eac sc around join
    1 dc, 1 ch, in ea dc around. join (24 dc 24 ch)
    1 dc in ea dc and ch around. join (48 dc)
    1 dc in ea dc around join
    1 sc in ea dc around. join
    finish off and make another side to match.
    Placing two pieces together, sc through both pieces to join together. leaving
    12 scs unworked (not joined) turn
    work 1 sc, 5 ch, sk 1, 1 sc, 5 ch sk 1 around. (30 loops)
    You may have to fudge a little to get the 30 loops.
    Working on these 30 loops continue in 5ch, 1 sc in loop around.
    Continue till bag is as long as you want it.
    If you want the bag wider, make more than 30 loops.
    Finish off with 2 rows of sc. and make a drawstring for the top.
    Turn base of bag inside, stuffing top part inside.
    Join yarn to 6th sc of one side of base and work sc for 5 sts turn
    sc 5 sts for 6 rows, then make a buttonhole.
    Sew button in centre of other side.

    I hope this will help , I make mine in cotton 4/8ply,
    and play around with pattern till its suites me..
    If you like I can send a bag to you :))

    ReplyDelete