Monday, May 23, 2011

The end of the world is near

I know, it's very cliche, but with all the predictions floating around I thought I might put in my 2 cents worth.

Harold Camping predicted that judgement day would happen on May 21 this year (http://www.smh.com.au/world/cult-claims-end-of-world-is-nigh--go-figure-20110519-1euzb.html) based on dates of certain events in the Bible, but he got it wrong. When I first heard of this prediction I was confident that he was wrong.

A guy in Queensland, who says that he is the son of God and his wife is Mary Magdalene, tells us that the world will end next year and happen just as the movie portrayed. I don't believe him either.

In Matthew 24:36 Jesus says “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

The Book of Revelation tells us that there will be 1000 years after Jesus' return so the end of the world is quite a way off yet, however, I believe that Jesus' return is quite close and, according to The Book of Revelation, most of us won't be alive to see it as we will die in the seven years of tribulation. I have reason to believe that the tribulation will start within the next 25 years and we need to be prepared for what lies ahead.

Richard.

1 comment:

  1. Spot on Richard!!..
    No man knows the hour or the day.
    You are the first one I have read so far, to comment on just that..:))

    ReplyDelete