Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WIP Wednesday 04/05/2011

I haven't done a lot of crochet away from home this week. Most of my work has been done while sitting in my lounge chair watching TV.

I managed to get 2 sets of version 3 of the wine glass socks finished.

Wine Glass Sock version 3 plain
Wine Glass Sock version 3 with colour
These are done in #20 cotton so there's a bit more work in them than in the others which are done in #10 cotton.

While I had the #20 cotton out I decided to make a fan bookmark to replace the one I sold at the last market.

Fan Bookmark in variegated orange
Having completed the above I thought it was time to work on the shopping bags that I now have a pattern for (thanks to Patricia from Tasmania).



I decided to modify her pattern slightly a put handles on my bags instead of using a draw string. I hadn't quite finished the second handle when I took this photo and I still needed to attach a button and make the button hole. I found it a bit difficult to get the bag into its pouch so I'm adding a couple of increase rows to the next one to make the pouch a bit bigger.

While at the knitting party at Spotlight on Saturday I added a few more rows to my beanie.

Knitted Beanie
I've almost finished the 6 x 6 rib section and will move onto the 2 x 2 rib shortly. I'm not sure that I'm looking forward to that as most people seem to find rib to be something of a pita (if you want to know what that means do a search for acronyms).

I keep looking at my stash wondering what to start next. I'm itching to try try a technique of CrochetKnit that involves working with rows that have too many stitches to fit on the hook, but I'm resisting that urge. I also want to do another Tunisian Crochet Dishcloth and take lots of pictures of my progress so that I can do a tutorial on it, but I'm resisting that urge also.

There may come a day when I have to give up crochet, but I'll keep going while I still can.

Richard.

2 comments:

  1. Richard, I do like those glass coasters. :))
    As for the bags yours are looking great... and I must add,
    I also did away with the string and made handles..I think we need to eliminate the draw string altogether.. :))
    As with the pouch, depending on the size of cotton used as to how large the pouch needs to be.. :)) I like the colour of your bag..
    I can't wait for the tutorial on the Tunisian dishcloth..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I love the wine socks-great idea

    ReplyDelete