Saturday, June 18, 2011

The week that was 18-06-11

This week started off with a public holiday so Sue didn't have any Aqua to attend on Monday. Instead, we went for a drive out to Hume Dam for a picnic lunch and then for a drive around the lake. I would have pics except I can't get to them at the moment due to problems with my desktop.

Tuesday afternoon we went to our LYS for an afternoon of knitting and chat. We've decided to do this on our off pay-week as we don't have our craft group that week.

Friday night we had a special get together with friends from church. We had a movie night this time and we got to watch "Wild Hogs" which we thoroughly enjoyed. We were also asked to bring our craft stall along and set it up in the tea room so that everyone could have a look after the movie. Our CO ended up buying 6 towels off us so that got the weekend sales off to a good start.

This morning the markets were on at Thurgoona and I had another good day with about $80 in sales and an order for a purple beanie. This, of course, has caused and change in my to-do list.

Things to make to replace stock for my market stall:

Purple Beanie
Medium Jug Covers
Fan Bookmarks
Large Cross Bookmarks (I didn't sell any today but discovered that I only had one left)
Small Toy
Pink Baby's Sunhat
String Bags
Set of Wine Glass Socks

Current Work In Progress:

Rose Clan Dress Tartan Rug
Tunisian Crochet Blanket
Crochetknit Blanket
2 for the road Scarf
Knitted Scarf
Toddlers Jacket

Things I'm itching to get started on:

Jumper (sweater to you Americans) for me
Doily in #40 cotton
Tunisian Crochet Dishcloth (for tutorial I want to write)
Crochetknit Cot Blanket (I want to try a method for doing rows that are longer than the hook)
Crochetknit Knee Rug (same as Cot Blanket and will also use up some of my stash of 8ply)
Something from my "99 Granny Squares" book
Something in Tunisian Crochet Lace (I'm thinking of modifying Ellen's Jacket pattern by substituting a lace stitch in the main body of the pattern)
Something from Ellen's new book.

I think that's enough for now.

Richard.

PS I all the excitement of doing well at markets and the problems with my desktop machine I forgot to tell you about Sue's problems on Thursday morning. She woke up with chest pains and ended up spending the morning in hospital. I turned out to be only muscular/skeletal but it's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to chest pains. RR

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you certainly do have a crazy to do list, lots of crafting happening there. Glad to hear that the chest pains turned out to be muscular - and yes, much better to be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete