Saturday, December 31, 2011

The year that was 2011 and plans for 2012

Well, it's New Years Eve and time to look back on the year just about to finish and look forward to the year that is to come.

A little while ago someone asked if I kept track of my yearly progress. The short answer to that is 'no', but if you look back back through all my FO Friday posts I'm sure you will see that I finished a blanket featuring the Salvation Army Crest that I started a couple of years ago, a tartan rug that I started last year, about 2 dozen wine glass socks, at least a dozen hanging towels, a couple of rose towel hangers, half a dozen bottle cosies, a dozen or more jug covers, half a dozen teapot cosies, a few matinee jackets, booties and bonnets and other baby's clothes, a few dishcloths, a number of toys, an angel and a few Christmas trees.

Listing them out like that makes it seem like I've been very busy but I also found time to teach crochet class, move house, spend some time at the Albury Show where I picked up a second place in the "Open Crochet - Other Items" category, spend a few hours a week at the gym as well as multiple visits to a chiropractor, a remedial massage therapist and doctors, all while looking after Sue who had her knees replaced.

It's funny, but my life doesn't seem to be all that busy. There's still plenty of time to visit friends and family, attend church and have afternoon naps. Next year I might have to forego the afternoon naps as I will be attending college for the first semester. This will also eat into the time I have for my craft, but I will get Fridays off so I will still be able to teach at the local community centre.

As for next year, I have a to-do list that seems to grow all the time and here it is in its latest incarnation:-

Things to make to replace stock for my market stall:

Set of Wine Glass Socks
Large Turtle
Pink booties

Current Work In Progress:

Rose Clan Dress Tartan Rug
Crochenit Cot Blanket (trying a method for doing rows that are longer than the hook)
Knitted Scarf
Toddlers Jacket
Jumper (sweater to you Americans) for me
Doily in #40 cotton

Things I'm itching to get started on:

Crochenit Knee Rug (same as Cot Blanket and will also use up some of my stash of 8ply)
Crocheted Slocks
Something from my "99 Granny Squares" book
Something in Tunisian Crochet Lace (I'm thinking of modifying Ellen's Jacket pattern by substituting a lace stitch in the main body of the pattern)
Something from Ellen's new book.
A doily from an old pattern book I bought.
Australiana2.0 Table Runner (Graphed and on my e-book reader, ready to start)
Banner for Stall (Graphing it out)
Table Runners for each Australian state and territory (started graphing out ACT, still plenty of design work to do).
Tunisian Crochet Intarsia Table Runner

Some of these things will be entered into the Albury Show in October. I only entered 2 items in this year's show and hope to have a few more covering a few different categories next year. All of this will only happen it it's the Lord's will of course, if He wills differently to what I will then He wins out every time (I learnt that lesson a while ago).


I haven't really made any resolutions this year and can't remember making any last year. I'm less likely to break them that way. The only resolutions I am making this year are to end the year with no more WIPs than I started with (I currently have 6 so that's the target for next year), to use up some of our stash (I'm more likely to buy more yarn than Sue), to finish the TAFE course that I will be starting shortly (Cert III - Web Design) and to improve my overall fitness.


Wishing all my readers a happy and prosperous new year, may God bless you richly in all your endeavours.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment