Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Week That Was 14-01-2012

The end of another busy week and time to look back and reflect on what has happened. Most of the week was the usual, mundane business (gym, aqua, knitting and crochet) so I won't bore you with those details.

On Thursday we went to the gym for our regular weigh in and review of our programs. Sue was quite pleased with her results as she has lost quite a bit of weight since starting at the gym. She has been doing aqua and swimming only lately so her gym program is unused. One of the things she is pleased about is that she has lost inches, not centimetres (inches lost sounds so much better than centimetres apparently, even though the centimetre numbers are bigger). As for me, there has been very little change since my last weigh in, although I have gained a little muscle mass which is always a good thing.

Friday morning I had an appointment with the physiotherapist at the gym as I wanted to know if there were any exercises I might be able to do to help my crook shoulder. He was quite impressed with the amount of movement I had in my should and neck but seemed to think the pain in my shoulder was being caused by the bursitis but by the problem in my back and think that I may benefit from traction. I'm not entirely sure what that involves but it doesn't sound particularly comfortable. One thing he did say is that he thinks that my loose tendons and hyper-extendible joints may have contributed to my problem as I may have fallen to sleep in a position that "normal" people would find uncomfortable, possibly even painful, and stayed in that position too long. It seems there are benefits to being "normal" and downfalls to be "abnormal".

Friday was also Sue's son's (my stepson's) birthday so we headed up the highway to where he lives to share lunch with him. We're hoping that next year he can make the trek down to us, especially since his birthday will be on a Sunday, and he gets free train trips (we do to, but we use our to do things like visit my father for his birthday or head up to Sydney for appointments and holidays).

Today was market day in Myrtleford and it was a good day, unlike last month when I didn't get the stock out of the car because the weather was lousy. Today the weather was great, there was quite a big crowd, and I actually sold enough to make the trip worthwhile. Things weren't looking too good for a while as there seemed to be plenty of people around but nobody was buying, but towards the end of the morning I made a few sales so it turned out quite well. Now, of course, I need to review my to-do list to add in the things that I sold today, but I won't show it until after next week as I have a twilight market and may need to review it again.

I also received a couple of gifts in my email this week, 2 $10 vouchers from Spotlight, one for my birthday which is later this month and one that all VIP club members get, which now leaves me with somewhat of a dilemma. Since I'm on a yarn diet and need to use up some of my stash, what do I buy with this $20? I have until the end of March to spend my birthday voucher but the other is only good until next Friday.

Well, that was my week, hope your week has been good.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment