Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Week That Was 21-01-2012

Another busy week has ended without much out of the ordinary happening. It has been quite warm this week making it difficult to work on my projects at times (although you might think otherwise when looking at my WIP Wednesday posts).

Today we started work on tidying up the garage. This was brought about by necessity as we wanted to give away one of our old desks but we are yet to locate the screws that hold it together. If today's efforts are anything to go by, this will take a while.

Also today, I went to Howlong for a twilight market. Normally I do quite a bit of knitting and crochet while at markets but not today, it was just too hot. I did manage to sell a few items and that made the trip worthwhile, but since this is a once a year market it will be a while until I get to go back again. I did manage to learn something about another market that I've been trying to get into but can't get anyone to answer my calls. I've been told to just show up with my stall and they will find me a spot, so now all I have to do is find the market.

Anyhow, thaat brings me to my to-do list. It's going to be a couple of weeks before my next market so I have a bit of time to work on some of these.


Things to make to replace stock for my market stall:

Set of Wine Glass Socks
Large Turtle
Pink booties
White booties and sunhat
2 teapot cosies
Hanging towels
Rose Towel Hangers
Bottle Cosies in more team colours (I keep getting told that I don't have the correct ones)

Current Work In Progress:

Rose Clan Dress Tartan Rug (currently on hold until the weather cools)
Crochenit Cot Blanket (trying a method for doing rows that are longer than the hook)
Knitted Scarf
Toddlers Jacket
Jumper (sweater to you Americans) for me
Tea cloth in #40 cotton

Things I'm itching to get started on:

Crochenit Knee Rug (same as Cot Blanket and will also use up some of my stash of 8ply)
Crocheted Slocks
Something from my "99 Granny Squares" book
Something in Tunisian Crochet Lace (I'm thinking of modifying Ellen's Jacket pattern by substituting a lace stitch in the main body of the pattern)
Something from Ellen's new book.
A doily from an old pattern book I bought.
Australiana2.0 Table Runner
Banner for Stall
Table Runners for each Australian state and territory.
Tunisian Crochet Intarsia Table Runner

I also have loads of patterns for toys and other things that I would like to make sometime.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment