Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday 11-01-2012

Another Wednesday and more progress to show.

I finished the first segment of the Daffodil Doily and started on the second.

First 2 segments of the Daffodil Doily.
I'm going to have trouble with the photos of this once I get to the 3rd segment as it's already almost as wide as the card table I use to photograph my WIPs on. This doily is going to be quite large.

While waiting for some sausages to cook on Saturday I decided to cast on another scarf.

Angled Scarf
I saw this design somewhere and remembered the description of how to make it but I can't remember where. It's a very basic garter stitch with a make stitch on one end and a k2tog at the other end of every even numbered row. The self striping yarn should add an interesting effect.

While taking a break from the the Daffodils I started another Zoom.

Toddler's Jacket - Zoom by Ellen Gormley
And I added another couple of rows to the Crochenit Cot Blanket.

Crochenit Cot Blanket
I think I also added a couple more rows to the sleeve of my hoodie, but it doesn't look much different to the last photo I took.

That's it for my WIPs this week. Check out Tami's Amis for more WIP Wednesday goodness.

Richard.

PS: I found another selection for you to have a look at. It's called Yarn Along.

4 comments:

  1. Love the yarn you're using for the Zoom. The angled scarf looks very pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the doily but #40 thread?? I always make my doilies with #10 no matter the size the pattern calls for. I have tried using #20 & #30 before and do not like them! Where can I find this pattern? It looks like one I have in one of my million books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness you are busy! Your Daffodil Doily is going to be gorgeous. By the way, I love when you leave me comments but I can't respond as you come up as a no-reply blogger :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the doily.. it will be a great talking piece when completed..I must get mine out..

    ReplyDelete