Wednesday, September 5, 2012

WIP Wednesday 05.09.2012

Another Wednesday and I forgot to take photos again this afternoon so you get the flash photography version and you get to see the carpet in our new abode. I still haven't found my other projects yet but I have started another new one so you get to see 3 items this week.

Toddler's Jacket - Zoom by Ellen Gormley
 I've been making good progress on the first sleeve but still have a little way to go.

Child's Beanie
 Plenty of progress has been made here. I think my knitting may be getting quicker, although I hadn't done any for a while. The pattern came from a Guardian Chemist pattern book. They wanted people to make them and donate them for children in less fortunate parts of the world. I've made some minor modifications by combining their pattern with another.

Cot Blanket in Box Stitch
The crochet tutor that I took over from last year was teaching his students how to make this and I had actually started one of them off on one once but had never actually made one myself, so, while at crochet class last Friday, watching others making various version of this, I decided to make one myself. Normally the box stitch is done in diagonal rows, increasing as you go until you have 2 sides the right length, then decreasing to square it off, but I think this is an interesting variation.

That's it from me for this week, don't forget to check the links in the sidebar to see what others have been making.

Richard.

1 comment:

  1. The toddler jacket looks really cool! I like the variegation in the yarn you're using.

    ReplyDelete