Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Week That Was

I just realised that it has been over a month since I last did one of these. I'm not sure why I'm doing this as it seems that hardly anybody ever reads them, and if they do, that never leave a comment.

I've been kinda struggling lately, especially with my college work. I'm just not sure why I'm doing it any more, it doesn't seem important. What seems important at the moment is God, my faith in Him and His son, my wife and her health and well-being and my own health. I still want to learn about Web Design, but passing the course just doesn't seem important and too much effort. Studying also interferes with what I really want to be doing and that is creating things.

I've been very busy trying to get things finished in time for the Albury Show, but it looks like some things will have to wait until next year. I had some very big plans for this years show but I just don't seem to have had to time to get things done. I'm still waiting for the wool to finish my jumper (sweater, hoodie or whatever else you might want to call it), I want to do some more intarsia work and there are lots of other things I wanted to make. I have actually picked out 6 items that I am going to enter. I'm sure I can have the toddler's jacket done in time, the intarsia table runner, Squares in Squares blanket, Daffodil Teacloth, a pair of pink booties and a Tea Cosy are the other items I've selected. I thought about putting in a couple of the stuffed animals but I'm not sure which category to put them in.

Today was market day at Myrtleford. I went last month but it was a bit of a wash out. It's only a "Flea Market" (not than anyone there sells fleas) but I always seem to do quite well when the weather is fine and today was no exception. I had quite a bit of interest in my bottle cosies today with one actually selling. The others were all the wrongs colours, as usual, but I did get told what colours they wanted, so it seems I will be making a couple of black and white bottle cosies before the next Myrtleford market.

Well, tomorrow is the start of another week ( or the end of this one depending on how you figure your weeks) and I'm sure that I will be kept busy with study, crochet and other things, and maybe I'll remember to do another post next Saturday. I will definitely have something to show for WIP Wednesday and FO Friday next week so stay tuned.

Richard.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I'm commenting, because I'm reading. =) I do this kind of post on my blog more as a diary entry for myself, honestly. It is interesting to look back and see where I was a year ago. Or do a blog search because I can't remember when I did something...which is a lot of the time!

    ReplyDelete