Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Week That Was 22.12.2012

Things have started to slow down this week with only 2 concerts and just the regular comings and goings.

The first concert was with the band on Thursday evening at an old peoples home (or should that be "assisted living accommodation"). Everyone seemed to appreciate our effort and enjoyed a good sing along.

Yesterday afternoon I was at another home entertaining more elderly people and their carers with the choir from the community centre. While they couldn't sing along with all our songs they seemed to enjoy it anyway.

Since it's getting close to the end of the year I figure it's time to review my to-do list, which seems to be getting longer all the time.


Things to make to replace stock for my market stall:

Bottle Cosies in more team colours
3 String bags
Tea Towels
bag holders
Sunhat and booties (white)
Tommy Turtle
Koala
Owl
Pineapple Angel Bookmark
Small Bunny
Teapot Cosies

Current Work In Progress:

Rose Clan Dress Tartan Rug
Crochenit Cot Blanket (trying a method for doing rows that are longer than the hook)
Toddlers Jacket
Jumper (sweater to you Americans) for me
AustralianaV2
Box Stitch Blanket

Things I'm itching to get started on:

Crochenit Knee Rug (same as Cot Blanket and will also use up some of my stash of 8ply)
Crocheted Slocks
Something from my "99 Granny Squares" book
Something in Tunisian Crochet Lace (I'm thinking of modifying Ellen's Jacket pattern by substituting a lace stitch in the main body of the pattern)
Something from Ellen's book (one that I won at its launch).
A doily from an old pattern book I bought.
Banner for Stall (still in design stage)
Table Runners for each Australian state and territory (current;y trying to design the ACT one).
Tunisian Crochet Intarsia Table Runner
Spiral Blanket (saw one on the internet and figured I could have a go at it without the pattern)
Dinosaurs (just bought the pattern from PlanetJune)

While my WIPs list did get a little out of hand for a while, with up to 9 items on the go at one time, it is now back to 6, which is how many I had at the start of the year (part of my new years resolution), so I won't be starting any new major projects until new years day (then I probably start 3 at once). On a not so good note, at least 2 of those WIPs were on my list at the end of last year (Jumper and Tartan) while another was also on the list (Toddler's Jacket) but I've actually finished 2 of those since then and started another.

That's it for this week. I think I'll skip the "Week That Was" post for next week and just do a "Year That Was" on New Years Eve. I'll try and put together a round-up of Sue and my FOs in the meantime.

I hope you all had a good week.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment