Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WIP Wednesday 27.03.2013

Hello and welcome to Rose Manor for another WIP Wednesday round up. I had a couple of slack days this week where I didn't actually work on any projects so, just to make sure that all my projects saw some progress, I worked on three of them yesterday. Here is what my projects look like this week.

Crochenit Cot Blanket
I'm still making slow progress on this one but I think I'm near the end. At least I'm nearer the end now than I was this time last week.

Alien Guy Head take 1
I got to the decrease part and realised that I had made a couple of mistakes when reading the pattern and that this was never going to be "head" shaped, so I reassessed the first few rows and tried again.

Alien Guy Head take 2
 After trying to figure out what the first few rows were supposed to say I made some adjustments and this time it looks like it might actually come out the right shape.

Woollen Baby Blanket - square 51 from "99 Granny Squares to Crochet"
Another square done, only 27 more to go and only about 10 weeks to do them in. I don't think this one will make it in time for this year's show.

Tunisian Spiral Blanket
I'm making good progress with this one. I don't know how big I'm going to be able to make it but it's looking like it might be suitable for a knee rug.

Toddler's Jacket - Zoom by Ellen Gormley
 The second sleeve is still growing. Another 8 rows should see this one finished.

AustralianaV2 - designed by me
 The Brolga is finished and the flower is almost finished. Looking ahead at the pattern the next items are another flower and a Koala.

Baby's Jacket Pants and Hat set.
I've made quite a bit of progress on this. The back is done, one sleeve is half done and the other is completed and I've started on one side of the front. Don't worry about it being a bit short as there is a fancy edge to go on the bottom once it has been sewn up.

Tommy Turtle
The top half of the body is progressing nicely.

I did work on something else this afternoon. Someone showed me a "Trauma Teddy" the other day and I wanted to see if I could figure out the pattern and make in in a short time. I worked out that I could make one in about 3 hours but I got a few things wrong with the first one so I'll have another go shortly. You will get to see the one I made this afternoon but you will need to check back on Friday.

In the meantime, if you want to see what everyone else has been making, just check out the links in the sidebar.

Richard.

8 comments:

  1. I love that spiral blanket. Where did you get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The toddlers jacket is awesome! I love to see the end of a project come together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Tunisian project. Lovely colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started the tunisian blanket pattern myself, although you are much farther along. I think that will be my scrap yarn-takes forever- project :-0)

    Great WIPS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely choice of projects ...very clever! I love that blanket too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what awesome WIPs...showing a lot of range. I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tunisian spiral is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great projects on the go! The Tunisian blanket will be very nice!

    ReplyDelete