Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday Shenanigans 27.04.2013

This week started off a little chilly and damp and as a result I didn't go for my usual morning walk. Maybe I should have but I have never felt compelled to walk in the rain.

There were a couple of other things that happened this week also. Thursday was ANZAC Day. ANZAC Day is a big day here in Australia. Most of the shops are closed for at least half a day. One of the problems with ANZAC Day is the dwindling numbers of veterans. I don't think we will ever forget what war is about as there seems to be several ongoing conflicts going on all the time, but I do hope we don't forget those that have lost their lives fighting for the freedoms that we now enjoy.

Friday morning I was back in Crochet class as we kick off another term. There are still only a couple of ladies coming and one of those doesn't really need lessons so it seems that the tutors almost outnumber the students. We are expecting a couple more to come back next week so we will have to wait and see.

Today we went to a birthday party. One of the ladies from church (I almost said "girls" as this particular one is a bit younger than I am) had a birthday during the week and a few of the people from church joined her family and other friends for a picnic in the park.

That's been my week this week. I hope you all had a good one.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment