Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday Shenanigans - 11.05.2013

Well, it's been two weeks now since I did this one. I didn't get to do this last week because we wnt to Wagga Wagga for a concert and got home quite late. Wagga Wagga is about 1 1/2 hours north of here so it wasn't that much of a drive but we didn't leave there until about 9:00pm and I didn't feel much like posting by the time we got home.

So, what did we do this week? On Monday we went to the pathologist to give samples of our blood and other fluids for testing. Sue has to do this quite regularly as she is diabetic and I do it once a year as part of my yearly physical. We'll be seeing the doc shortly to see if there is anything we need to be worried about. With me it's usually all fine except my cholesterol, which isn't high but the mix is wrong (it seems I need an oil change).

Last night we went out to dinner with a group from church. This is a regular occurrence but last night was a little bit special as one of our friends had a birthday so we got cake as well. We went to a chinese restaurant that we hadn't been to before but I'm not sure we'll go back unless it's another organised function. It didn't compare well with the one we go to quite regularly.

Today we had the launch of the Red Shield Appeal so we headed of to town with our instruments and joined in with the rest of the band. Unfortunately, Sue forgot what time we were supposed to get there and even though I tried to tell her we were supposed to get there at 9:45 she insisted that she was told 10:15. I gave in to her because she generally has a better memory than me. As a result we were half hour late. Ah well, better late than never.

The rest of the week was pretty standard. I walked around the park a couple of times, we had our regular Craft'n'Cuppa Wednesday afternoon and I was ready to teach crochet on Friday morning (pity there was no one there that wanted to learn).

Now that I've finished a couple of items and had a couple of sales it's time to review my to-do list. Here is what it currently looks like:-


Things to make to replace stock for my market stall:

Bottle Cosies in more team colours
2 String bags
Teapot Cosies
bag holders
Koala
Small Bunny
Dragon
Robot
Wine Glass Socks

Current Work In Progress:

Crochenit Cot Blanket (trying a method for doing rows that are longer than the hook)
Toddlers Jacket
AustralianaV2
Baby Blanket using Square 51 from “99 Granny Squares”
Trauma Teddies
Tunisian Spiral Blanket
Hanging Towels
Monkey
Baby's Jacket, Pants and Hat Ensemble

Things I'm itching to get started on:

Crochenit Knee Rug (same as Cot Blanket and will also use up some of my stash of 8ply)
Crocheted Slocks
Something in Tunisian Crochet Lace (I'm thinking of modifying Ellen's Jacket pattern by substituting a lace stitch in the main body of the pattern)
Something from Ellen's new book.
A doily from an old pattern book I bought.
Banner for Stall
Table Runners for each Australian state and territory (currently trying to design the ACT one).
Tunisian Crochet Intarsia Table Runner
Dinosaurs (bought the pattern from PlanetJune)

I think it's time to promote the koala to a wip.

Well, that's it for this week. I hope you all had a good one.

Richard.

1 comment: