Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thursday Thoughts - When did science change?

When I first started these Thursday Thoughts I promised controversy. Well, here it is. I hope everyone that reads this does so with an open mind.

A few weeks ago I read this article and it resonated with me as it said something that I've been trying to say for ages. One key thing it the article said is "SCIENCE requires conclusions to be drawn from hard (provable, see it to believe it) data. Now theories can be treated as if they are Laws. Then the task is to disprove the theory. No longer is hard data required—only consensus of the majority, the most influential, most political or wealthiest."

Why science has changed to a "consensus of the majority" model is beyond me. Some time ago it was the consensus of the majority that the world was flat, even though the bible said otherwise (Isaiah 40:22), and that was proven wrong. It used to be the consensus of the majority that the earth was at the centre of the universe and everything revolved around it and that was also proven wrong.

If science today wants me to believe that their theories are to be believed then all they have to do is show me the proof!

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment