Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The year that was 2013

So, it's New Years Eve and time to look back on what has happened this year and what I've achieved and look forward to what I hope to do in 2014.

At the start of the year I turned 55. Since I no longer work full time (I was retrenched in 2010 and haven't worked since) I was allowed to withdraw my Superannuation which came to a total of around $44000. Not really much to show for 34 years in the workforce but it was better than nothing and it did pay for some new teeth and a great holiday.

Of course, the most outstanding thing that we did this year was our trip around the UK and Ireland. It's hard to remember anything else we did this year, but it was a fantastic trip. I'm not sure if I would ever do such a long trip ever again as we were kinda over it before we finished and were ready to get back on the plane for the return flight. There were a lot of memorable moments on the trip and one of the first things I plan on doing in the new year is to put the rest of the photos up for everyone to see. The first three weeks have been put into Google+ albums and can be found here.

On the crafting front I completed quite a few projects and here is the montage.


In this photo there should be 3 Blankets,  9 Toys,  16 Trauma Teddies, 24 Hanging Towels, 1 Mug Cosy, 3 Pairs of Baby's Bootees, 2 Santa Stockings, 1 Christmas Tree, 1 Angel Book Mark, 1 Toddler's Jacket,  1 Child's Hat, 1 Table Runner, 1 Baby's Ensemble and 1 Shopping Bag, although a couple of the Trauma Teddies could be missing (there are 16 in my Ravelry project page).

Sue wasn't quite as productive as I was with only 4 completed projects.


My main focus for 2014 will be toys, novelty hats and things that I plan on entering into the shows in October/November. My current to-do list looks something like this:-

Things to make to replace stock for my market stall:

Bottle Cosies in more team colours
2 String bags
Teapot Cosies
bag holders
Koala
Small Bunny
Robot
Wine Glass Socks

Current Work In Progress:

Crochenit Cot Blanket (trying a method for doing rows that are longer than the hook)
Toddlers Jacket (on hold due to lack of yarn)
AustralianaV2
Trauma Teddies
Tunisian Spiral Blanket
Hanging Towels
Baby's Jacket, Pants and Hat Ensemble
Santa Stockings
Box Stitch Baby Blanket – taken over from Sue

Things I'm itching to get started on:

Crochenit Knee Rug (same as Cot Blanket and will also use up some of my stash of 8ply)
Crocheted Slocks
Something in Tunisian Crochet Lace (I'm thinking of modifying Ellen's Jacket pattern by substituting a lace stitch in the main body of the pattern)
Something from Ellen's new book.
A doily from an old pattern book I bought.
Banner for Stall
Table Runners for each Australian state and territory (currently trying to design the ACT one).
Tunisian Crochet Intarsia Table Runner
Dinosaurs (bought the patterns from PlanetJune)

This is quite a long list and I doubt that I will make much of a dent in it (some of these things have been on the list for a couple of years already) but I intend to try.

That's it for this year, Happy New Year to all.

Richard.


1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Richard and Sue:)) Its been a busy one and I reckon 2014 will be no different.. You have a lot of crochet ahead of you , Look forward to the pics :))

    ReplyDelete