Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday Shenanigans - 25.01.2014

It has been a while since I've done a weekly update. So long, in fact, that I've forgotten when I did the last one so I figure I had better go back a few weeks.

We went away for Christmas, visiting Sue's brother and sister-in-law up in Dubbo. It was a most pleasant few days, but we didn't really do anything particularly exciting.

A couple of weeks ago we had temps up into the 40s for about a week and that made life a little difficult. During the first half of that week we went down to Bomaderry (south coast NSW) for a bit. We had dental appointments in Sydney on the Tuesday so that wasn't very pleasant but it was a lot cooler than at home so it was kinda offset. When we got back to Bomaderry we went into Nowra to pay a visit to my father and step mother.

 On the Wednesday, being our 14th wedding anniversary, we decided to do a little exploring and headed to Minimurra Falls. After seeing how much it would cost to park the car to walk 2.5km there and back we decided that there were other falls we could have a look at. After visiting Carrington Falls we headed toward Robertson for lunch then across to Fitzroy Falls, down through Kangaroo Valley and back to Bomaderry. It was quite a pleasant round trip. We then picked up Sue's aunt and headed over to her cousin's place to meet up with the rest of the family.

When we finally got back to home it was 43C and we didn't feel much like doing anything. This kept up for a few days.

I was planning on getting back into bowling this week but something came up, or at least tried to. I think it was the previous night's dinner. I woke up that morning with my head spinning and my stomach doing backflips. Sue tried to get me down to the doctor but we only got around the corner when breakfast want to make another appearance so I ended up in the back of an ambulance for the first time. It seems that I had vertigo and needed more drugs to take care of it. My head still spins a little and my balance seems a little out at times but a least I'm keeping my food down.

Not much else has happened recently. We're now gearing up for all our usual activities. Sue will be back at college soon and I will be back to teaching crochet. I will have to give the college a call soon to see if I can complete my course this year.

Hope you all had a good one.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment