Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wednesday WIPs - 08.01.2014

This is the time of year that I usually start a lot of projects knowing that I have the rest of the year to finish them. I keep making the resolution to finish the year with no more WIPs than I start with and my starting number is 6 (That's what I had at the beginning of last year and that's what I started this year with). I was a little surprised this afternoon when I found out that I still had only 6 WIPs, yet I started 5 items since last Wednesday! It seems that I have managed to finish as many items as I started.

Here are the items that are still WIPs today.

Tunisian Spiral Blanket
I saw the one that inspired me to do this on Kim Gussen's Pinterest page but I still can't remember the name of the designer. I had to start another ball of black and the new ball isn't quite as black as the old ball but it's barely noticeable.

Box Stitch Baby Blanket
The rows are now getting shorter but it doesn't really feel like it yet as they are still quite long.

Baby Jacket Pants and Hat set
I managed to find the hat elastic and start on the pants. Now I'm not sure if I haven't pulled the elastic a bit tight.

AustralianaV2 - designed by me
I managed to find a bit of time to work on this and got paste the Koala and the Possum.

Knitted Beanie
If you look at this picture and think that there might be something wrong, you could be right. While this is a knit pattern I'm actually using a crochet hook to make it so there isn't a second needle. I wanted to try and see if I could do some special stitches which can't be done with pointy sticks.

Knitted Fish
Just to prove that I can use pointy sticks I'm knitting this one. Actually, I've had this pattern for a while and think that I've been avoiding it because it is a knit pattern.

And now one of Sue's WIPs, just to show that she hasn't been idle.

Knitted Magic Square Blanket in pinks
I still have to decide what to do with all the projects that Sue has started and not worked on for a while but that's another story.

If you want to see what everyone else is making the check out the links in the sidebar.

Richard.

2 comments:

  1. Wow how many WIPs, they all look fantastic! I especially love the spirals blanket. The colours are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm in awe of the top one!

    ReplyDelete