Saturday, March 8, 2014

Saturday Shenanigans - 08.03.2014

The last few weeks have been quite different. It has been busy and some of the things that have happened have eaten into the time I need to use for study, so I think I'm a little behind.

A couple of weeks ago, Sue and I traveled to Canberra for a weekend away. There were several things we wanted to do including getting Sue a new pair of glasses (the glasses she likes to wear can only be found at an optical store in Canberra), getting Sue a new desktop computer (she doesn't like the screen  size on the laptops that she has and decided on a desktop rather than plugging in an external monitor) and we wanted to go to the show and meet up with friends.

On the Sunday morning we attended church and met up with a few more friends and then went across to the Hyperdome for lunch. When we finally got back to the car, Sue decided it was time she checked her phone and found a message from a cousin. Is it strange that our first thought was to wonder who had died this time? Maybe the fact that it was about this time last year that we received a message from the same person telling us that one of Sue's family had passed away that made us think this. It turned out that Sue's father's mother's cousin (I think that makes her a first cousin twice removed but I don't know for sure) had indeed passed away.

Of course, this news meant another trip away and we found our way to the cemetery at Bundanoon and then on to  the Uniting church.

So, after all these interruptions to my study I still had to get my first assignment done and submitted. I made it with a few days to spare. Now I'm going to have to work on at least one assignment every week for the next 7 weeks.

To finish this three week period off, today was market day in Myrtleford (I missed Mt Beauty last week due to an issue with the weather) and it was supposed to be a big day. There seemed to be quite a few people around but not many were spending their money, at least not at my stall. I only managed two sales but they were enough to push me past my break even target so I suppose it wasn't too bad, and I gave out one of my business card to a lady that was interested in buying one of my blankets. If that sale comes through it will make up for last month when I didn't sell anything.

Well, that's a summary of the last three weeks here in Rose Manor. I do hope you all had a good one.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment