Saturday, March 15, 2014

Saturday Shenanigans - 15.03.2014

This week has been quite eventful with trips to the doctor and other testing facilities. Sue's shoulder has been giving her trouble to the point where she is having difficulty with the simplest of tasks. Last week I took her to the doctors and to for x-rays and ultrasound, this week our first outing was to the chiro to make sure everything was in place then back to the doctor so he could get a piece of her (a punch biopsy) for testing. At this point in time the diagnosis is a frozen shoulder and she needs to go back to the ultrasound place to get an injection.

Fortunately, other than the odd dizzy spell (vertigo can be quite nasty) and a rash in my nether regions (a week of hot days seems to do a bit of damage), my health has been pretty good.

On the crafting front, everything is moving along although I did run into a small problem this evening. I can't seem to find a container of buttons that I know I have around here somewhere. I'm sure they will show up eventually but I made need to make a trip to the shop to buy some so I can finish the jacket that needs finishing.

I am having a few issues with my study and I'm starting to think it may be too hard doing it through distance ed. I need to confer with my fellow students and then I need to write reports which is something that I'm not good at at all.

I didn't have any markets today so it has given me a chance to try and catch up with things although there is still plenty of things to catch up on. I have managed to have a look at my to-do list and make adjustments based on what I'm currently doing and what I've completed recently so here it is.

Things to make to replace stock for my market stall:

Bottle Cosies in more team colours
Teapot Cosies
bag holders
Hanging Towels
Small Bunny

Current Work In Progress:

Toddlers Jacket
AustralianaV2
Trauma Teddies
Baby's Jacket, Pants and Hat Ensemble
Tartan Blanket – taken over from Sue
Tunisian Lace Wrap
Doily from an old pattern book I bought
String bags
Woollen Baby Blanket using Motifs from Ellen's book
Robot

Things I'm itching to get started on:

Crochenit Knee Rug (same as Cot Blanket and will also use up some of my stash of 8ply)
Crocheted Slocks
Banner for Stall
Table Runners for each Australian state and territory (currently trying to design the ACT one).
Tunisian Crochet Intarsia Table Runner

Dinosaurs (bought the patterns from PlanetJune)

There is still quite a lot on there even though the "market stall" and "itching to start" sections have shrunk a little.

That's about it from me for this week. I hope you all had a good one.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment