Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wednesday WIPs - 03.09.2014

Well, with my regular crochet time, time spent at a Baby Bazaar and taking Sue to see the doc, I have made plenty of progress this week and even started something new. Here is what my WIPs look like today.

Woollen Baby Blanket - motifs from Ellen Gormley's book
I decided to do a bit extra on this one this week as I only have a couple of months to get it finished, but then I got told I only had three weeks to get one of my other projects finished.

Baby's Jacket, Pants and Hat set
I managed to get the the pants to the point where I am ready to start on the legs before deciding to work on something else.

Rugby Pullover
 And this is the something else that I decided to do. Since I have a bit of a shortage of boys stuff I figured that this would be a good place to start. I was a little surprised to see this variegated yarn working up in stripes but even more surprised when the stripes started going off at an angle. I'm not sure what changed there, I'm sure it's not my tension, but I may have to count stitches to make sure I haven't added or decreased.

Experimental Bear #1
I almost have this one finished but I don't think it's going to work for the final design. I still have the ears and facial features to do but I might leave them until I get the three bears that I need done in three weeks finished.

Experimental Bear #2
I think this one is a bit better but I'm still not sure is it will be one of the three I sell to my friend at church. I have one more design to try and I think the legs need to be shorter. I could probably take a few rounds off these before I attach them.

Murray of Athol Tartan Rug
I have added the next section of chains. It's now a matter of reversing the order of the first half of the rug.

Tunisian Spiral Blanket
I managed to get another colour change in while waiting for Sue to get called in to the doctor's office. I'm not sure when this will come out of the bag again.

The yarn eater is still waiting in my bag for another opportunity to come out but I'm in no hurry to work on it so it can keep waiting.

That's it for my WIPs this week. Be sure to check back on Friday to see what I have managed to finish this week, and check out the links in the sidebar to see what others have been working on.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment