Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Wednesday WIPs - 31.12.2014

Another year is coming to an end but before that happens I need to show off what I have been working on over the last couple of weeks.

Before Christmas I managed to make a couple of arms for the Koala.

Koala.
I also managed to add a few rows to the jug cover that I had started.

Small Jug Cover
While I was away visiting my sister, her family and others I did a bit of knitting on the scarf.

Knitted Scarf.
I took some baby yarn with to work on a baby jacket but when I checked the pattern that I wanted to use it was for 8 ply (DK) and I had brought 4 ply so I did a bit of mental arithmetic and started anyway. I did the yoke before deciding to stop until I got home where I had some 8 ply baby yarn that I bought in Ireland. I made the yoke in the 8 ply and checked it against the 4 ply version and found that my math was spot on.

Shy Butterfly Baby Jacket in 4 ply.

Shy Butterfly Baby Jacket in 8 ply

The 4 ply version sitting on top of the 8 ply version for a size comparison.
I didn't expect to get so close with this as I really didn't think I was that good at judging these things.

That's it for my WIPs this year. Be sure to check back on Friday to see my last finished object for the year and again on Saturday for the year in review.

As usual, check the links in the sidebar to see what others have been making.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment